Friday, September 24, 2010

The Holiday's Plans

Most of my holidays are generally spent idly browsing the net or playing computer games with the occasional fridge-binge. This holidays, I am making an attempt to get away from this usual habits. Already I am spending part of my current vacation in Noosa, however my nerd-brain won't let me escape this electronics orientated normality. So nearly every moment that doesn't require me to leave the house has been (much to my own dismay) on the dreaded computer.
SO! In order to prevent this, I have come up with a plan involving a set of three projects I wish to complete before the end of this term's holidays.

1. Make a Summer Dress!
I have had a sewing pattern I bought from an op-shop on Olinda for a long time now and I think it's about time to use the old girl to make a pretty dress with a bunch of nice fabrics I own. However, due to my own silly ineptitude, I may require my friend Kirsten's assistance on actually how to use a sewing pattern.

2. Make this =>
into a doll.
If I have not mentioned this earlier, I am currently obsessed with all things Japan. Not too long ago (meaning only seconds earlier), I came across this odd looking crazy cat while reading one of my many mangas*. As funny-looking and weird as it is, I thought it'd look rather cute as a stuffed toy so it has now become a part of my holiday plans! Although I've mentioned this earlier, I am terrible at sewing patterns, I am however good at improv sewing! It is my pride and joy when it comes to these kinds of things!

3. Make a Teacup Garden!
A cute idea inspired by that of 'Frankie' magazine. I will buy (once funds become available) a bunch of cute teacups from op-shops, a couple of herb seeds or seedlings and fertiliser. Then after drilling a hole in the bottom of the teacups, fill up the teacups with the fertiliser then plant the seed/lings in the dirt. I figure this would be a nice and eco-friendly way of growing my own foods.

And finally 4. Get FIT!
After spending weeks mostly eating horribly sugar induced foods, hardly walking (beyond the computer chair and the fridge) and lack of general enthusiasm to be free of the overall house environment, I am very much surprised I haven't contracted some sort of heart disease or diabetes. So in order to prevent such happenings in further development, I have decided to get fit. However I fear this may not be accomplished by the end of this holidays. So I am going to make this my long term plan!

~ Mary

*manga - for those who don't know this, mangas are Japanese graphic novels or more commonly referred to as Japanese Comics. It is also my current obsession alongside anime :P

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Your blog is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, firstly it takes aprox. 12 weeks to build up a certain level of fitness, but everything else sounds truly wonderful! Perhaps I can help with the sewing, you can teach the crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEEW switch girl the manga hahaha
    never knew you had a blog marizzle >8D

    ReplyDelete