Sunday, October 10, 2010

The not so fruitful fruit of the holidays...

Well as mentioned in my last post, I made a brave attempt (in my case at least) to avoid the lures of modern technology in the last few days of my holidays. Out of the four tasks I set out for myself, I did not complete a single one... not even one. I have bought the seeds for the teacup garden however the world conspires against me as I have a lack of teacups themselves. Not only that but my Eftpos card is on a lockdown until I get myself a job. So funds are out of the equation! With much praying, hopefully that won't be the case sometime soon.

The other one that is incomplete is the doll I was making. I discovered it'd take much longer than a mere four days to make when I began the embroidering on it's face. It's going well though! I currently have it in front of me and I think it's going well! The only flaw with it is that I got the improv measurements slightly off so now it's face is narrower than anticipated. Also during the machine sewing part of it, using my 'ever-so-slightly-tempermental' mini-sewing machine named Lucy, I was not aware that my tension had tightened during the sewing process so I had to re-sew the face and body a couple times over. Otherwise the doll is going brilliantly.

Now completely un-failure-holiday-plans topic related, I recently, whilst on a sugar-craving rampage, created a yummy little snack. It's very similar to a pancake but undeniably faster to whip up in a jiffy!

For one serve take an egg, one tablespoon of milk (or cream for those with sweet tooths like me who have no cares for diabetes) and whisk together in a small bowl. Then take one tablespoon of white sugar, caster or plain, and one tablespoon of plain flour and whisk that through as well. Maybe depending on personal tastes, adjust the ratio of sugar and flour but not too much of either ingredient. Try and get as many lumps out as possible but don't worry about it, the lumps sort themselves out while cooking. Depending on how high/fluffy you want your... let's call it egg-cake for now... egg-cake, add 1-2 pinches of baking powder and mix through. Thoroughly. You don't want a great big glob of baking powder while you eat believe me!

So, once your mix of what should look like, slightly lumpy liquid scrambled eggs, is all mixed up according to taste, pour a tablespoon (yes another tablespoon!) of oil, or less if you worry about things like weight or cardio vascular disease, into a small frying pan (on a stove of course) and turn the heat onto mid-high. Once the oil is beginning to bubble, pour the mix in and spread around the pan until circular. Once the mix is still quite uncooked on the top and lightly browned on the bottom, fold the circle in half and cook both sides until completely cooked then... EAT!

In my opinion it's not too sweet and has more the consistency of an egg than a pancake so if you don't like eggs, don't try. Also I have not tried so yet but I think adding a tablespoon (Look I'm keeping consistency here!) of chocolate chips or cheese or whatever else you may think may work with this dish during the frying part of it's short life, feel free to experiment! Also give me any suggestions you may have!

Enjoy!
~Mary

P.S. Sorry about the long post!! I have a tendency to rant... ehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment